Sunday, November 16, 2008

I can put my suitcase down...finally

This election year, many of of experienced something that many thought would never be experienced in our lifetime - the election of the first Original President of the United States. In the days that followed, I watched many political shows, talk shows, and read countless articles about the reactions from how we felt about such a powerful and moving statement made by the mass of the people. One of the most interesting statements I head came from Whoopi Goldberg, one of the co-hosts on "The View," who in trying to describe how she felt, said "...I can put my suitcase down, finally..."



For our Winter 2008 issue of The 14th Degree and Beyond, we ask:

"How will the Black family benefit or be hindered by the results of the presidential election? "

For the most part, reaction has been empowering, positive, and hopeful, however as conscious and cognizant individuals, is this really what we have to look forward to? Tell us how you see it!

PEACE
Q. Victorious Lanasia Math

No comments: